Instagram

Monday, May 13, 2013

Orange you glad I chose you?

A few weeks ago I went to get a pedi/mani. Now.......I normally don't pay for manicures cause I'd rather paint my own nails, but this was a deal, so....I had to get both. When I picked out my manicure color I was looking for something in a bright, fun, coral shade....so I picked a color by Essie (sorry...I forgot the name of the polish) that I thought was going to end up being a pretty coral shade, but it ended up looking orange.....sadness came over me.....and then the next day the color started chipping. Chipping is clearly another reason why I strongly dislike getting manicures, aside from not having the patience to sit there for lengthy amounts of time while they apply coat after coat after coat of product on my nails. So......from this chipping situation an idea arose in my brain!!! And that idea was to paint over them! So I did. Now...I'm sorry for not taking a before picture, but the original color on my nails was the orange shade, I went from there and just picked out a few colors I thought would look good with the orange polish.
 
I basically used a combination of mint, white, and my trusty turquoise/teal nail polish.......that guy never lets me down I tell ya! In case you haven't read my previous posts, the turquoise/teal color is China Glaze's "Aquadelic" & I'm in love with it. The white polish is by Sinful Colors in "Snow me white", and the mint color is Sally Hansen's Xtreme wear in the color "Mint Sorbet." For the shape I created, I either used those French manicure tip stickers like Nailene's perfect tips, or I used a really thin nail art brush and just freehanded it. Then after the colors have somewhat dried a little bit I go over them with a quick dry clear top coat like "Out the door" or "Seche Vite", those are my go-to fast drying top coats. I'm going to include a close up of the colors on my nails below
 
 
You can't see the "mint sorbet" color too well in this picture since I auto corrected the picture, but if you look at the one below, you can see it a little bit better.
 
Or...maybe not so much...LOL....but trust me when I tell you that it went really well against the white & orange polish.
I hope you guys liked the color combination I chose to show you today, eventually I will post a step by step of how I achieve these looks, in the meantime enjoy my nail art!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment