Instagram

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Peanut Butter & Grape Jelly Time

During one of my many weekly stops at Target, I came across the beauty sale shelf, as I most often do of course. I looked through the nail polishes, as if I need any more, and came across this little gem.

The Sally Hansen Triple Shine Jelly nail polish in Grape Jelly. The color looked really pretty through the bottle so I bought it. It originally retails for around $5.00, but it was on sale for $3.49.....BARGAIN!! Right??
Initially i had thought it was going to be a deep purple, but once I painted my nails, I realized it was sheer. Bummer!! Sally Hansen threw me a curveball there! So i did what most nail art enthusiasts do when a color comes off sheer on the nails......I threw on a white nail polish base & then painted over that base! Genius you say?? Well.....perhaps!? Anyways, I then decided to do an ombre look and ended up with this.....


 
It's a pretty sheer ombre....but it looked pretty. Got lots of compliments and people grabbing my hands at cash registers when i was handing my money, to get a better look at them. Strange, i know!


What do you think? Let me know if you've tried any of the other jelly colors by Sally Hansen. I believe they are actually even cheaper now at Target, but I passed on buying any more since I am making an attempt at being more fiscally responsible this month. Just this month though! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment